Araby Teaching Guide
- 12 pages
- Subject: Allusion, Character Analysis, Historical Context, Imagery, Plot, Setting, Symbols, Themes, Lesson Plans and Educational Resources
- Grade Levels: 9, 10, 11, 12
Additional Araby Resources
Owl Eyes teaching guides have been designed to help first-time and veteran teachers open up classic works of literature for their students. Our guides provide rich background information, identify key themes and topics, and offer creative and practical approaches to teaching the text.
The main components of each guide include the following:
- A concise history of the text
- An explanation of significant allusions
- Teaching approaches and discussion questions
- Tricky issues to address while teaching
- Alternative teaching approaches
- A list of complementary texts
These teaching guides offer valuable context and promote meaningful discussions about novels, plays, poems, and stories that have captivated English Language Arts students for generations. Each guide is comprehensive and concise, thought-provoking and practical.