Julius Caesar Act I Quiz
- 8 pages
- Subject: Character Analysis, Literary Devices, Plot, Quiz, Themes, Vocabulary, Lesson Plans and Educational Resources
- Common Core Standards: RI.9-10.1, RI.9-10.3, RI.9-10.4, RI.9-10.5, RL.11-12.1, RL.11-12.3, RL.11-12.4, RL.11-12.5
- Grade Levels: 9, 10, 11, 12
Additional Julius Caesar Resources
This close-reading quiz covers all scenes of act I in William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
About This Quiz
Our Owl Eyes quizzes have been designed to provide students with more than a simple review of the text. Each multiple choice question corresponds to a particular selection from the text, promoting opportunities for developing and testing close-reading, critical-thinking, and literary-analysis skills. Each quiz contains the following components:
- A series of multiple choice questions with accompanying text
- Several short answer questions for extended, written answers
- A comprehensive answer key for both sections
In completing these quizzes, students will be able to demonstrate their ability to close read, think critically, and comprehend general and nuanced elements of the text.
Excerpt From This Quiz
I) Multiple Choice
Read these passages from act I of Julius Caesar, and then answer the question that follows each passage. Refer to the passage in answering the question. Circle the correct answer to each question.
Act I, Scene I
- COBBLER: Truly, sir, to wear out their shoes, to get myself into more work. But indeed, sir, we make holiday, to see Caesar and to rejoice in his triumph.
How does the Cobbler's tone change as he speaks with Flavius?
- He becomes more sarcastic.
- He seems terrified of Flavius.
- He is now irritated by Flavius's questions.
- He stops being playful in answering Flavius's questions.